RE: EMMA in Speech API (was RE: Speech API: first editor's draft posted)

I agree that other groups should be notified of our use cases.  We can shortcut that process by going directly to the authors (like Deborah), but I also think it will be a natural byproduct of this group publishing our own recommendation.

In the meantime, would you be satisfied if I modified my second proposal to put in SHOULD wording around the UA's support of the EMMA attributes?

Thanks

From: Satish S [mailto:satish@google.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 9:18 AM
To: Young, Milan
Cc: Hans Wennborg; Deborah Dahl; olli@pettay.fi; Bjorn Bringert; Glen Shires; public-speech-api@w3.org
Subject: Re: EMMA in Speech API (was RE: Speech API: first editor's draft posted)

If there are EMMA attributes that are mandatory for specific use cases, we should post to the MMI WG and get those changes into the EMMA recommendation published at http://www.w3.org/TR/emma/. I'm sure they will be interested in incorporating them and Deborah Dahl can help as well since she is one of the authors.

Cheers
Satish