Re: Merging with a WG

Yes, some WebApps members also mentioned IP issues, and I do not have any
information that this concern has changed.  However, IP issues can often be
addressed by having a very well-defined scope.  This is why I expect more
success this time with the publishing our first draft of the spec (and thus
also have an inherently well-defined scope).

But we should also explore other options as well, so nominations for other
existing W3C WGs, as well as potentially forming a new WG, should be
considered. Also, Jim's comments are pertinent here. [1]
/Glen Shires

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-speech-api/2012Aug/0002.html