Re: interesting examples

> I have added a new test and shown what I think the results for several
> setups are are on some data.  The "Expected" results are what I think should
> be expected from the fixed definition of SPARQL that the group is supposed
> to produce.
>
> Graph
>  :s :p :v .
>  :t :r :w .
>

> SELECT ?x WHERE {
>   ?x :p :v .
>   FILTER ( EXISTS {
>     FILTER ( ?x = :s ) )
>     } )
>   }
>
> Specification { { (x,:s) } }
> Proposal A { { (x,:s) } }
> Proposal B { }
> Expected { { (x,:s) } }
Proposal B gets  { { (x,:s) } }

There is a empty BGP that the  FILTER ( ?x = :s ) applies to which is no
removed by simplification so it injects ?x. Filter in the algebra always
filters the results of a pattern.

(prefix ((: <http://example/>))
    (project (?x)
      (filter (exists
                 (filter (= ?x :s)
                   (bgp empty)))
        (bgp (triple ?x :p :v)))))

My prototype gets:

------
| x  |
======
| :s |
------

      Andy

(PS This may become a duplicate - I sent a copy from the wrong address a
few mins ago)