Re: Extending SPARQL XML result format

Hello

My concern (if any) is not about Jena, which is doing exactly what it is
supposed to do; my concern is with the SPARQL XML Result Format
recommendation, which do not allow any extension point.

I guess I could also define my own result format, and respond with either
the standard SPARQL result XML format, or my own "extended" result format,
based on content negociation.
The SPARQL protocol does not say explicitely that other types of results
formats are allowed besides SPARQL/XML, JSON, CSV or TSV, but I guess it
should be possible to do this.

"

The response body of a successful query operation with a 2XX response is
either:

   - a SPARQL Results Document in XML
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/>, JSON
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/>, or CSV/TSV
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-csv-tsv/> format (for SPARQL
   Query forms SELECT <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#select>
   and ASK <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#ask>); or,
   - an RDF graph [RDF-CONCEPTS
   <https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-protocol-20130321/#rdf-concepts>]
   serialized, for example, in the RDF/XML syntax
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/> [RDF-XML
   <https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-protocol-20130321/#rdf-xml>],
   or an equivalent RDF graph serialization, for SPARQL Query forms DESCRIBE
   <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#describe> and CONSTRUCT
   <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#construct>).

The content type of the response to a successful query operation must be
the media type defined for the format of the response body.
"

Best Regards
Thomas