Re: Extending SPARQL XML result format

It depends on the schema. It’s straightforward to write a schema that forbids extension with or without a namespace. That doesn’t stop you from processing it but it means validating with that schema will fail.

Namespaces do not make processing easier or harder for the most part. You can’t know whether elements from a given namespace are safe to ignore without specific knowledge and you could just have that for extra elements in a single namespace.