Re: Should support querying RDF lists

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 2:08 AM, Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> Why does SPARQL 1.1 not contain requesting an ordered RDF list
> (rdf:first/rdf:rest/rdf:nil)?!
>
> It is a highly useful feature. I am to using it in my software.

Well, no disrespect, but this isn't quite a strong evidence of utility...

> There is ORDER BY, but it seems it cannot be used for this kind of
> query.

You can implement most basic operations, e.g. accessing the n-th element or
all elements, using property paths. It may not be completely trivial but
it's not rocket science either. [1] is a good reference.

Best,
Pavel

[1] http://www.snee.com/bobdc.blog/2014/04/rdf-lists-and-sparql.html