Re: Brackets, OPTIONALs, BINDs, semantics, oh my.

good afternoon;

> On 2015-12-16, at 14:57, Gary King <gwking@metabang.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve a question on the model query writers should have when reasoning about their work. I think the naive view would be that adding grouping would _not_ alter the meaning of the query but this is not the case.
>
> […]

> If my examples are correct, then SPARQL seems more difficult than it should be to reason about than it should be. I’d welcome comments and thoughts.

i would be interested to hear, why you find the interpretations, which you have readily recounted, to be surprising.

once one realizes that { } is not the same as ( ), what is the “surprise” which remains?

best regards, from berlin,
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com