Re: Clarification of the meaning of "unaggregated variable"

Yes this text seems to be in tension with 11.4
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-query-20130321/#aggregateRestrictions <http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-query-20130321/#aggregateRestrictions>
In a query level which uses aggregates, only expressions consisting of aggregates and constants may be projected

I guess it may be talking about the exception, the variables in the GROUP BY itself, which would be treated correctly by replacing with a SAMPLE() aggregation, since in each group the values of the group by variable are always the same, and SAMPLE of the multiset of values is just the value itself.

Jeremy