Re: Subject lists in SPARQL

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:59:53 +0000
Cc: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
To: Fabiano Luz <fabianocomp@gmail.com>
I donít understand the example or the goal.

On 24 Mar 2015, at 16:48, Fabiano Luz <fabianocomp@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello Folks,
> On the predicate lists we have omitted the subject, for example:
>
>      ?x  foaf:name  ?name ;
>            foaf:mbox  ?mbox .

This is clear.

> I wonder if there is some kind of "subject lists" where we omitted the
> predicate, for example:
>
>      foaf:Bob  foaf:phone  ?phone1; foaf:John  ?phone2 .

Er.. not so much. Let me try reformatting:

	foaf:Bob foaf:phone ?phone1;
	foaf:John	                 ?phone2.

Well, that syntax would be dreadful (as ambiguous) and not super readable (contrary to the first one). I guess you could add a pro-predicate.

	foaf:Bob foaf:phone ?phone1;
	foaf:John	 ^^^           ?phone2.

That could be general purpose so the first example was sugar for:

	?x  foaf:name  ?name ;
        ^^^      foaf:mbox  ?mbox .

I donít see the value.

> PS: I do not want to repeat the predicate.

Why not? Whatís the use case?

Cheers,
Bijan.