Re: Proposition a new recommandation : SPARQL 1.1 test framework

Hi Karima,

Thanks for the efforts you have put into this!

On Tuesday 3. March 2015 09.34.08 Karima Rafes wrote:
> I propose the W3C re-open the part "SPARQL test suites" where a light
> version of TFT can execute all the future official tests about SPARQL
> with one unique protocol. The service can test remotely your endpoints
> every day. The name of your software can be private or public and we
> can push the report (for jenkins or EARL).
> The aim is clearly to converge the softwares and create an real
> ecosystem interoperable across our customers.

I think the idea is good, and important. I was only a part of the WG at
the start, but I think an exhaustive, for some value of exhaustive, test
suite was too much of a drain on the WGs resources to be possible at the
time. Therefore, your initiative is welcome and needed, it must
necessarily be left to the community.

I'm just not certain it can be done under the usual umbrellas that the
SPARQL has been done under. Nor do I know how much time the original WG
members have, I myself have very little, to commit to the test suite.
The W3C, has launched an initiative called Test the Web Forward:
http://testthewebforward.org/ Though I think it has not been any Semantic
Web work there yet, it has an interesting angle. I think it would be a
good idea to align this effort with theirs.

It still depends on people to write and maintain the tests however, I
suppose that's the main problem, people tend to be too busy.

Best,

Kjetil