Re: typing and overflow

good morning;

On 2014-10-30, at 00:28, Rob Vesse <rvesse@dotnetrdf.org> wrote:

> John
>
> […]
>
> There is some mention of numeric overflow in the XPath specification but I can't see anything specific about the circumstances in which it should occur.

the xpath language specifications[1,2] both “depend on" the respective “functions and operators” recommendation, each of which includes a section on the semantics of arithmetic operators, which delegate to the respective contemporary ieee standard, but also each, itself provides some discussion of overflow conditions[3,4].

best regards, from berlin,
———
[1] : http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/
[2] : http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/