Re: SPARQL.js: a SPARQL 1.1 parser for JavaScript

On Aug 22, 2014, at 8:37 AM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> JavaScript has been without a SPARQL 1.1 parser for some time.
> SPARQL.js finally changes this.
>
> This parser was generated semi-automatically from the EBNF grammar
> in the SPARQL 1.1 spec, and then extended to generate JSON.
> I have opted to generated a more accessible format than SPARQL algebra;
> time will tell if this was a good decision. (SPARQL algebra can always be added.)
>
> The full story is on http://ruben.verborgh.org/blog/2014/08/22/writing-a-sparql-parser-in-javascript/
> and the MIT licensed code on https://github.com/RubenVerborgh/SPARQL.js.

Congratulations Ruben! Great to have a parser for JavaScript. Any thoughts on executing the parse result? From my experience in the Ruby implementation, this is where the Algebra really comes into play, as it becomes directly executable, and forms patterns that can be used for algebraic optimization.

Gregg