[ANN] Ruby SPARQL 1.1.0 release

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 17:23:16 -0600
To: "public-rdf-ruby@w3.org" <public-rdf-ruby@w3.org>, "public-sparql-dev@w3.org" <public-sparql-dev@w3.org>
I just released version 1.1.0 of the Ruby SPARQL gem [1]. This is a fairly completely functional implementation of SPARQL 1.1 Query. The notable exception is for Property Paths, which are not supported yet. I intend to get there too, but this is a significantly more difficult thing to implement, so that would be delayed until a subsequent release, along with SPARQL Update, Federated Queries, Entailment regimes and the Graph Store protocol.

In particular, the following new features are added from SPARQL 1.1:

	 Functions
	 BIND
	 GROUP BY
	 Aggregates
	 Subqueries
	 Inline Data
	 Exists
	 Negation

The SPARQL gem is in the public-domain, and cloneable on GitHub [2].

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[1] https://rubygems.org/gems/sparql
[2] https://github.com/ruby-rdf/sparql