Re: First order logic and SPARQL

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 18:29 -0700, Bob MacGregor wrote:
> It would necessarily
> have closed-world semantics (as does Datalog).

My understanding is that in datalog you can't tell if it's closed or
open world, since there's no negation (or negation-like operators, such
as OPTIONAL).   As such, datalog can be a subset of both prolog and FOL.

Am I wrong about that?

Meanwhile, I'm listening to the discussion about SPARQL semantics, but
don't have any to add right now.

[Note that list policy is try to reduce cross-posting [1].  I'm dropping
semantic-web@w3.org, because I think this is mostly about SPARQL.]

   -- Sandro

[1] http://www.w3.org/Mail/