getting multivalued properties in a single query

From: Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernandez@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:12:29 +0200
To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows how can I write a single SPARQL query to
retrieve all triples with the same triple pattern without post-process
the query result.

Let's put an example: using FOAF is quite common to have a dataset like:

#person1 foaf:name "Person1" .
#person1 foaf:knows #person2 .
#person1 foaf:knows #person3 .
#person1 foaf:knows #personN .

How can I get all knows for a concrete subject? And I'd like to do it
just with SPARQL in a single query. So the two ways that I know:

1. Post-process the query's result, merging result about the same subject
2. Perform two queries: one for the single properties, and a second
for the multivalued stuff.

are not valid at all. Anyone has any another idea...?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

--
Sergio Fernández