Re: Using CONSTRUCT to add language tag?

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:40:58 -0400
To: Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com>
CC: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
In SPARQL 1.1 you'll be able to do this with a subquery, though it's not
as succinct:

  PREFIX anrecs: <http://www.snee.com/ns/analystRatings#>
  PREFIX fn: <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions#>
  CONSTRUCT {
    ?company anrecs:company ?coNameWithLanguageTag .
  }
  WHERE {
    {
      SELECT (fn:concat(?coName,"@en") AS ?coNameWithLanguageTag) WHERE {
        ?company anrecs:company ?coName .
    }
  }

(fn:concat is not currently defined by SPARQL -- I expect a
concatenation function like this will be defined and (as in this
example) imported from XPath.)

Lee