Re: select distinct and ordered from two graphs

I'm late on this, I know, but all the same...

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net> wrote:
> SELECT DISTINCT should be unrelated to ORDER BY, which in turn should be
> unrelated to the graphs that comprise the default graph in your RDF dataset.
> If you are seeing a problem, perhaps you should contact the
> maintainers/supporters of your specific SPARQL implementation.
>
> Lee

SELECT DISTINCT will usually reorder data (depending on the
implementation), but ORDER BY will always override this. In this case,
it looks like the ordering on labelValue is being shuffled with SELECT
DISTINCT, which is perfectly fine, since there is no ordering on it
(only on dates).

I would recommend updating the query to order by labelValue after
date, thereby fixing the result:

 SELECT ?labelValue FROM :graphA FROM :graphB
 WHERE {    ?post :contains :givenTag .
  ?post :contains ?tag .
  ?tag :label ?labelValue .
  ?post :created ?date