Re: LIMIT problem (Paging)

From: Mirko <idonthaveenoughinformation@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:22:59 +0200
To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org, Richard Newman <rnewman@franz.com>
Hi,
first thank you all for your tips. well, you convinced me that paging
with limit/offset and orderby , as recommended in the spec, is not
really a good idea (with larger datasets). What's really the problem
here is the ordering.

> If a store has an index on my:hasUserID (and that index happens to
> be in SPARQL's defined order!) then results can be generated in
> ordered sequence.

Do you mean, I can assume to get "ordered" results without explicit
"ORDER BY" in the query, given the appropriate index? independent from
the database implementation? In my current setting (Sesame with
NativeStore - default index spoc, posc) this is not the case.

Thanks, Mirko