Von: public-sparql-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sparql-dev-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Lee Feigenbaum
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. August 2008 07:58
An: public-sparql-dev@w3.org; public-lod@w3.org
Betreff: soliciting your favorite (public) SPARQL queries!

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a "SPARQL by Example" tutorial, which is, as the
name suggests, a step-by-step introduction to SPARQL taught almost
entirely through complete, runnable SPARQL queries.

So far, I've gathered a great deal of example queries myself, but I know
that many subscribers to these lists probably have favorite queries of
their own that you might be willing to share with me.

I'm looking for:

1) SPARQL queries
2) ...that can be run by anyone (no private data sets)
3a)...either by running the query against a public SPARQL endpoint
3b)...or by using a public SPARQL endpoint that will fetch
HTTP-accessible RDF data (e.g. sparql.org or demo.openlinksw.com)
4) ...that answers a real* question
5) ...and that is fun!**

* real is in the eye of the beholder, I imagine, but I'm not looking for
  "finds the predicates that relate ex:s and ex:o in this sample RDF graph"

** fun is also in the eye of the beholder. fun can be a query on fun
data; a clever query that may illustrate a particular SPARQL construct
("trick"); a query that integrates interesting information; a query with
surprising results; etc.

thanks to anyone who is able to contribute!
Lee

PS I plan to make the tutorial slides available online under an
appropriate CC license once they are completed.