RE: Mulgara and sameTerm

From: James Leigh <james-nospam@leighnet.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:05:55 -0400
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: "public-sparql-dev@w3.org" <public-sparql-dev@w3.org>, Arjohn Kampman <arjohn@aduna-software.com>, Andrae Muys <andrae@netymon.com>, Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>

Hi Andy and all,

I thought I understood this, but after reading a comment in the open
world tests I am not so sure. So I am posting my question here.

In SPARQL can the pattern "{ ?x :p "001"^^xsd:integer }" match the
literal "1"^^xsd:integer in an RDF store?

Can two literals match in a triple pattern, but return false in a
sameTerm test?

The comment in the file below indicates that an RDF store can either do
value matching or lexical matching. Is it correct?

Thanks,
James

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data-r2/open-world/open-eq-01.rq
# SPARQL is defined over simple entailment so
# only syntactic matches show.
# (Some systems may match because they do
# value-based matching in the graph (D-entailment))

# Does not strictly match "1"^xsd:integer

PREFIX  :       <http://example/ns#>
PREFIX  t:      <http://example/t#>
PREFIX  xsd:    <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>

SELECT *