Re: BOF at WWW2008 : SPARQL Futures

Axel Polleres wrote:

> Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> For those at WWW2008, or nearby, we can get a room for a BOF ("Birds
>> of a Feather") meeting on SPARQL Futures including the question of
>> what, if anything, a "SPARQL2" (1.1?) might cover.
>>
>> Location: 201B, level2
>> Time:     16:30 Wednesday (23rd)
>>
>>         See you there
>>         Andy
>>

> :-(
>  not there. any tangible outcomes to report? anywhere to place input?

:-( from me too.

It seems that there is a public record of the BOF here:

http://www.w3.org/2008/04/23-dawg-minutes.html

Of course, the ESW Wiki remains a good place to document suggested
SPARQL extensions (which in turn often are suggested work areas for
SPARQL2):

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SPARQL/Extensions

> We basically would have to throw in the following proposals for SPARQL2:
> - propose marriage with XQuery [1] (that might be outside SPARQL itself,
> since it affects both SPARQL and XQuery)
> - using sparql as a view-definition language [2,3]
> - a proper syntax for aggregates and vuilt-ins in the construct part
>  (our proposal is documented in [2])

Offhand I'm not sure if/which of these are covered on the ESW Wiki or
not. I encourage you (and anyone else) to add to the Wiki as
appropriate, and to discuss potential extensions on this list.

Lee