Re: minimal set of URIs for individuals (in context of owl:sameAs)

Well here's what I've done about this for the moment:

1. Get DISTINCT uris for all eg:User into distinctUsers array

2. Create empty array to hold Representatives (ie one uri per synonym
group)

3. Recursively filter the distinctUsers array, adding representatives
to reps, removing synonym groups until distinctUsers array is empty

  String currUrl = distinctUsers.remove(0); // urls.pop
  reps.add(currUrl); // This is the representative
  ArrayList<String> synonyms = getSynonyms(currUrl, model);
  distinctUsers.removeAll(synonyms);
  if (urls.isEmpty()) {
    return reps;
  } else {
    // recurse and continue
    return whittle(urls, reps, model);
  }
}

getSynonyms() is just a SPARQL query (with results put into an
ArrayList<String>)

"WHERE { <" + currUrl +"> owl:sameAs ?synonym .}"

That gives me the minimal set of uris for synonym groups, and it isn't
_too_ computationally expensive.  Still wish I could do this via a
single SPARQL query (perhaps with FILTERs).

Cheers,
James