Re: experience generating EARL for GRDDL test results

On Jan 15, 2007, at 5:38 AM, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Connolly wrote:
>>       [      a :Assertion;
>>              :assertedBy dan:dwc;
>>              :test tes:sq1a;
>>              :testResult  [
>>                  a :TestResult;
>>                  :validity :pass ];
>>              :testSubject p:grddl_py ].
>> This is based on a clue I got from Sean
>>   http://chatlogs.planetrdf.com/swig/2006-11-10.html#T15-13-57
>> and not from a careful reading of the EARL docs. Let me
>> know if it's not right.
>
> A couple of issues:
>
> * testResult: the property term is "result".
> * testSubject: the property term is "subject".

OK, I fixed those in v 1.6 2007/01/15 18:45:41
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testft.py
http://homer.w3.org:8123/?cs=b8dc6c6a3cc4

> * assertedBy: make sure that dan:dwc is a foaf:Agent (such as
> foaf:Person) or an earl:Software as described in [1].

Hmm... I believe I am a foaf:Agent; does EARL require that I say so
explicitly? In the
same file? That's odd. I already say I'm a person elsewhere.

The spec seems to say that the range of assertedBy is earl:Assertor;
isn't that enough?
Hmm... Asserter has "allowable types" SingleAssertor and
CompoundAssertor. The prose
seems to say that every Asserter is either a SingleAssertor or a
CompoundAssertor;
you can say that using OWL:

  earl:Asserter owl:unionOf (earl:SingleAssertor earl:CompoundAssertor).

In fact, those tables in Appendix B are pretty nice; they're just a few
lines of XSLT
away from being nice RDFS/OWL schemas. Why are they non-normative?

When you say "required properties," do you mean owl:minCardinality 1?

Looking at [1], I see
   "An Assertion must have at least the following properties"
that's odd too.

[[
I think it's a misuse of RFC2119 to say things like "2 + 2 MUST be 4"
or "every attribute value in an XML document MUST be quoted." Better to
just say "2 + 2 is 4" and "every attribute value in an XML document is
quoted."
]]
  -- "must is for agents", Dan Connolly, Jan 2001
  http://www.w3.org/2001/01/mp23