Re: Questions about SPARQL (please reply!!!)

From: Richard Newman <rnewman@franz.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:11:13 -0700
Cc: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
To: "Cristina Lancioni, Doctor in Computer Science" <cristina.lancioni@unicam.it>

> How could I do this using only a single query? Shoud I do this with
> SPARQL? If not, do You know another ontology query language to do
> this?

SPARQL can't do arbitrary path expressions.

Look at:

http://psparql.inrialpes.fr/

for an extension that can. You might also want to look at the path
expressions offered by WQL:

http://wilbur-rdf.sourceforge.net/2004/05/11-comparison.shtml

or at running your queries on an inferencing store, if your is-a
relationships are transitive.

> Another question: what do the CONSTRUCT work?

Sorry, you'll have to rephrase that.