Re: Assigning values to variables

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:18:37 +0200
To: "Steve Harris" <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: "Luke Steller" <Luke.Steller@infotech.monash.edu.au>, public-sparql-dev@w3.org

> > Is anything like this possible?

What Steve said. I don't know whether or not it can be addressed in
the SPARQL query itself, but Jena/ARQ and I believe rdflib support
programmatic initial bindings, kindalike default values.

You could also do it in two phases, first a CONSTRUCT then a SELECT on
the result graph.

I vaguely remember the question of being able to add statements
directly to a SELECT coming up, not sure why that isn't supported,
probably complexity issues.

Cheers,
Danny.

--