DLDB looks like another interesting approach to RdfAndSql

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:09:05 -0500
To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Cc: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>

I just posted my notes on AAAI-06, which is mostly a review
of a paper by Z. Pan and A. Qasem and J. Heflin on enhancing
semantic web query with ontology mappings.

[[
The approach to querying all this data is something they call DLDB,
which comes from a paper they submitted to the ISWC Practical and
Scalable Semantic Systems workshop. Darn! no full text proceedings
online again. Ah... Jeff's pubs include a tech report version. To
paraphrase: there's a table for each class and a table for each property
that relates rows from the class tables. They use a DL reasoner to find
subclass relationships, and they make views out of them. I have never
seen this approach to RdfAndSql before; it sure looks promising. I
wonder if we can integrate it into our dbview work somehow and perhaps
into our truth-maintenance system in the TAMI project
]]
-- http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/158

I haven't updated http://esw.w3.org/topic/RdfAndSql yet; bonus
points to anybody who beats me to it.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E