Re: Charter

There is a section “Work Limited to Charter Scope” that seems to be a copy-paste leftover from the template that the charter is based on. The links in the section still point to the template.

The section also says “The group will not publish Specifications on topics other than those listed under Specifications above.” Above, we find: “No Specifications will be produced under the current charter.” That’s very roundabout.

But further down under “Decision Process”, we find: “[…] a goal of letting implementation experience inform which spec is ultimately chosen by the group to move ahead with.” So, the group is somehow involved with specifications after all?

The section “Decision Process” says “Groups are free to decide how to make decisions” and goes on to list several possible processes for making decisions. If the group is to be able to make decisions, then one of the options will have to be chosen. How is that choice going to be made?

Richard