property path length restrictions [was: Re: A review of extension functions in current implementatations]

Dear all,

something I find myself missing almost every time I work with SPARQL is
the path length feature in the early property graph drafts:
elt{n,m}	A path between n and m occurrences of elt.

What I normally use instead is aggegation and counting of intermediate
nodes, in order to have it portable, so I didn't check for current
implementations. Not sure whether this qualifies for the wiki, thus, but
there used to be implementations 10 years ago:
https://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:PathLength

The aggregation solution works in most cases (it is slow, though), but
this is a pain to write and to teach -- and a needless one if path length
would be implemented just as syntactic sugar for aggregate+count.

Best,
Christian

--
Prof. Dr. Christian Chiarcos