redefining social web (was Re: Mosaic Intro)

Great notes...

May I suggest a horizontal timeline rather than a vertical one.

Beyond differentiation,

A. I have noticed younger people in particular really enjoy scrolling
through the comments on a post.   This could be achieved by way of vertical
scrolling

B. The ability to create faceted results via preset & defined queries,
could enable horizontal scrolling to have multiple dimensions

C. The ability to leverage ontological datasets might also provide the
means to enhance the informatics modalities of any "related posts",
particularly if the community are encouraged to support ontology
production; for instance, news genres, and social discovery and
classification of posts from news / web sources, etc.

D. I suspect the ontological framework around the solid address book will
provide far more granular & flexible opportunities, that might in-turn
support user experiences that incorporate functionality otherwise
considered to be separate  products; for instance,

Short messages / Twitter
Business / professional networking / LinkedIn
- personal
- communities
- dating / friend finding
- meetup like functionality, Inc.
- discoverability of local offers; i.e.  happy hours or takeaway / dining
specials - in Australia, often pubs have dinner specials
- etc.

Therein, my thoughts consider how a multimodal is framework might help
redefine social.

Beyond that, I think it's worth noting that most social sites have a bunch
of underlying data services supporting it.

such as;
- media / video transcoding,
- geo representation & contextual discovery based on location, etc.
- instant messaging
- sharing of contacts, encouraging others to join, means to import old
data, etc.

In a decentralized model, there are new opportunities. Some include
enabling the end user to pick an api provider, whilst this is Generally a
fee based service (i.e. various google or Amazon APIs), and there's other
opportunities.

Often also, the large provider are encouraged to.do kyc/aml, for various
reasons.  I am not sure whether this is achieved via the solid provider, or
the app. I note also, a bunch of potentially very good democracy enhancing
solutions come about if kyc/aml related checks are done - elected
parliamentary persons want to engage real people in their electorates, for
example...

So,

Great work,  But my eval bitumen to consider that perhaps a faster path to
market was to build the plugins for WordPress to make it interoperable with
solid, noting there are already some social networking frameworks built for
WordPress, alongside many other solutions...

I have a non-federated / ref enhanced example
https://au.webcivics.net/community/

Having written some of my thoughts

https://au.webcivics.net/2018/10/24/wp-webcivics/

Whilst I believe the capacity to build a very interesting update for social
engagement has a bright future, with solid,

Throughs were, building the relevant php framework parts for WordPress,
should be quick and relatively easy, in addition to, if done well,
providing means to extend php framework works for.use with other php
frameworks, as are used by the vast majority of organisations across the
web, looking for an easy way to get involved and start testing out how
their market engagement, internal collaborating and others web related
functions, across education, government, commercial sectors, smes,

Can start to deliver meaningful improvements as may in turn be used to free
up development investment, and support new use case related considerations
by w3 members, as a means to support the continual standards development
works overtime.

I note finally,

The W3 cg website has a WordPress based front end...   how could we make
that better?

Timo