Re: Looking for a volunteer, to chair of the solid community group

I second the diversity suggestion by Ruben. I’d also eagerly step back if it provided an opportunity to create a more diverse chair.

As far as a relevant introduction:

I’ve worked for over 20 years for companies like Microsoft and Oracle on core development technologies, as well as Audi, IBM, and a large number of financial firms on developing a variety of globally scalable solutions.

The past 12-years has been increasingly focused on decentralised data and AI, with consumer product focus. Prior to Solid being announced, in 2017, I built a decentralized platform at YCombinator to support collaborative smart contract creation for companies like Lloyds of London, which quickly became a general-purpose decentralized web app platform and ecommerce platform. The current team at that project are now working to make the services Solid-compliant with the goal to contribute as much back as open source code.

We’ve been working with the Swift development community (predominantly IBM) to identify how we can push much of what we’re doing back into upstream Swift core code to create a system-level decentralized and open web platform. We have already been working with the Dat Project with Rust, but have refocused that effort into the Solid Swift core. Our project is already in commercial use.