Re: standardizing webmention

On 14 July 2015 at 13:12, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> there has been some talk about standardizing webmention as part of the
> work of this WG
>
> a few comments

Just wanted to follow up on this post from July last year:

> 1. I think webmention would really benefit from having a normative stable
> document -- when doing a search on the web there are many places you can be
> lead to, and it's really hard for a developer to know they are in the right
> place (eg webmention.org, webmention.net, indieweb wiki)

This is now done, great, thanks!  I'm impressed with the hard work aaron
has put in to document this.

I would say that most of the issues I originally raised have made good
progress, I've added some points on the github after reviewing the latest
spec.

The main interoperability issue I would say at this point, is that it's not
using JSON (at least not in the examples), which is what I think everyone
in the group (with perhaps 1-2 exceptions) were prepared to compromise on,
and is stated in the charter.