Re: Clarify objections to JSON [was Re: Getting the group back on track]

Hi James,

Yes, I meant the vocab. For object types, diaspora* currently supports,
from the AS2 vocab, Image, Question, Place, Mention, Profile. Events
support will come at some point. For actual status messages, I'm
hesitant to say which object would be used. Note, Article and Content
seem very similar - and in diaspora* everything is just a status
message, whether short one liner or a 30K char markdown formatted blog
post. I guess Note might still be the right one. Likely incoming parsing
would squash all three as the same. I guess a comment would just be
Content|Note|Article with an "inReplyTo" attribute.

Sorry if I sounded too critical. My email was meant to come as "let's go
with this and move forward", not "let's spend time trimming AS2 down".
As Christopher replied already - nothing forces implementers to support
all of the vocab :) The AS2 spec is a good piece of work and there seems
to be clear signs of support for adopting it.

Br,
Jason

--
-----