Re: internationalization issues

On 10/22/2015 07:46 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> However, off the top of my head there's no reason why we can't just say
> in AS2.0 that we can look at the @language in @context but if there's no
> @context, just look at a "language" tag. That's typically how I've seen
> it in the wild and a lot more intuitive than @context and @language for
> non-JSON-LD parsers (i.e. the majority of parsers).
IMO all software supporting AS2.0 MUST have support for some basic
processing of JSON-LD context. Otherwise it will have *no support* for
vocabulary terms outside of very limited AS2.0 Vocabulary. For example
no support for email addresses, birthdays or basic data about spoken
languages in social profiles etc.

One will also have no chance of using terms defined on microformats.org
with AS2.0 (assuming that terms in  microformats vocab will get stable
URI prefix, just as IANA link relations will soon have a normative one)

I really find claims in direction of "You can just ignore JSON-LD
context in AS2.0 data" as very misleading, unless stated together with
all the consequences following ignoring that context!