Re: Demos of API Candidates during Face 2 Face

> On 14 Mar 2015, at 17:06, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:
>
> On 03/14/2015 12:35 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Tantek added to wiki very cool agenda point about demos of API
>> Candidates. Of course he proposed restricting it to ones running
>> on People's actual websites but I would like to *also* have demos
>> of existing prototypes beyond personal websites!
>
> I would support a demo of any API in any website that could be a
> candidate, no restricted to personal websites, as long
>
> So, demo'ing the existing Twitter API is useless, but demo'ing IBM
> Connections API or the LDP work done by Crosscloud makes sense :)

Would it be possible to have a large screen in the room to which
one can connect a Skype session, so that people available remotely
can demonstrate something? Otherwise I suppose I can put a few
videos together on youtube.

Henry

> cheers,
>  harry
>

>> Sandro & Henry, could you demo something already implemented using
>> LDP? e.g. Cimba * http://cimba.co * https://youtu.be/z0_XaJ97rF0
>>
>> I will work on deploying to *my website* very basic demo of Hydra *
>> http://www.hydra-cg.com/ *
>> http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/hydra/console/?url=http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/hydra/api-demo/
>>
>> Possibly also demo public servers using Linked Data Fragements *
>> http://linkeddatafragments.org/ *
>> http://linkeddatafragments.org/data/ *
>> http://client.linkeddatafragments.org/
>>
>> I would like to try to have demo of LDF based queries like "elf
>> Pavlik's friends who live in Berlin and have skill - JavaScript"
>> but quite unlikely for this Tuesday :( Similar UX to:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_Graph_Search
>>
>> IMO demos with LDP, Hydra and LDF can showcase robustness of Linked
>> Data and JSON-LD :)
>>
>> Cheers!

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/