Re: a common understanding of profiles

On 2015-06-26 11:04 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> Well I thought you were tying (for example) the key "@type" and value
> "Person" to the http doc : https://evanprodmorou.example/profile

 1. No. Re-read the example.
 2. It doesn't matter. Use an HTTP URI with a fragment or whatever you
    want. @id is opaque.

>         So, how to get interoperable profiles?
>
>     Pick a data standard, and a way to find the profiles. Then,
>     everybody implements that.
>
>     It would be wrong to assume that the point of this working group
>     is to make Melvin's site implemented in FOAF with Turtle talk to
>     Aaron's site implemented in HTML with microformats.
>

> I guess Im not quite seeing it how to implement an interoperable
> social API without interoperable social profiles.
That's not what I'm saying. Making a bridge that translates between FOAF
in Turtle on LDP and Microformats on HTML is out of scope for this
group. It'd be a fun project and might be good for a community group,
but we need to come up with /one/ profile standard, not 3-4.

-Evan