Re: Server administrator & accounts on shared instances (+ToS)

On 02/22/2015 06:40 PM, Ben wrote:
> Don't know why you emphasis it as a question. But it was also just me
> putting a shorter response to the story above it.  I would agree to not
> putting huge replies inline, thats why talk pages are linked from every
> user vote.
FYI I don't remember us using wiki talk pages in this working group,
maybe except Evan and Henry discussing something recently. I don't say
we shouldn't use them but just mention that we currently don't have it
as habit.

> Refer back 2 lines to
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Report_content
>
> -1. I find anything that involves reporting things to site administrators
> to not make sense for distributed cases. As a site owner I am also
> administrator so this would just tell me who is reporting me. Enterprise or
> larger implementations can always add report buttons in to their own user
> profiles. — Ben Roberts <https://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Benthatmustbeme> (talk
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?title=User_talk:Benthatmustbeme&action=edit&redlink=1>)
> 05:21, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Ooops! missed this one, I guess I started with cherry-picking stories
with shorter comments... If we want to assume reading them in linear
way, we could add it as recommendation to the *please* list on the top
of the page. Otherwise we may reference another comment if they create
context.

> Honestly reporting to an administrator is just messaging a publicly listed
> account, with a reference to a post.
>
> In every implementation of reporting users in any social network I have
> seen, it is very important to not let the person you are reporting know
> where the report is from, it just creates more potential for
> abuse/retaliation/etc.   Thats why it doesn't make sense in this
> situation.  I don't think it should be part of the API.  Also, thats my
> opinion.  If you voted a +1 on it, I would not be having any extra
> control.  But I am the ONLY person yet to vote on it.
Makes sense! Maybe also worth capturing in more prominent place then
comment on one of User Stories?

> There are only 3 days left to get your votes in.  If you don't want me to
> have any unilateral control, you should get to voting.  There are a lot of
> stories to cover.
Thank you for taking your time to cast your votes Ben!

I just stayed 18h on a road - bus + train + hichhiking, I better take it
easy today and don't write anything or reply to anything else :S Will
cast my votes tomorrow while on yet another bus...

Cheers!