Re: social-ISSUE-12 (ActionStructure): Action Types Structure and Processing Model [Activity Streams 2.0]

On 02/18/2015 05:20 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello elf.
>
> On 2015-02-18 2:38 , ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> relevant User Story which I added yesterday right after telecon
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Using_custom_types_of_Activity
>>
>> # Ben wants to use custom Activity type: Earned
>> # Ben defines Earned as specialization of a core type: Achieve
>> # Nina subscribes to Ben's stream with Achieve type of activities
>> # Nine also now also receives from her subscription Earned type of
>> activities
>> (based on current work in Open Badges + xAPI)
>> https://github.com/openbadges/openbadges-specification/pull/22#issuecomment-73144928
>>

> thanks for that. so this looks at the case where the quesrtion is how to
> treat an "extension activity" that's supposed to be a specialization of
> a "core activity". that's an important story.
>
> should we also have a story that looks at the same setup but with both
> activity types from the core vocabulary? it could be either "like" and
> "respond" (subtypes) or "like" and "favorite". basically anything where
> the vocabulary definition implies a relationship between activity types
> that probably should be part of the processing model.
+1

i also consider creating separate issue for *Extensibility*, while still
seeing it very relevant to this issue

so far only Evan added votes to the wiki, and since you already proposed
this as a story ~1 week ago i would say add it to the wiki ASAP