Re: social APIs -- any additions from your part of the world? HELP!

Thanks a lot, Bede! And to your colleagues as well.

A 'gender' tag... I wouldn't have thought of that!

Ann Bassetti
From: Bede McCall
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:18 PM
To: Bassetti, Ann
Reply To: bede@mitre.org
Subject: Re: social APIs -- any additions from your part of the world? HELP!

Ann, I forwarded your request to my internal MITRE mailing list and started seeing responses in about 2 minutes.

The distillation of the thread was this pair of references, from John Henderson.  MITRE was working on Human Language understanding tech years before I started here (1988) so it's not news that they've looked at a few social network APIs along the way.  To motivate the discussion I suggested a scenario that MITRE is asked to use as a vehicle every so often:  a multinational military or foreign aid operation.

Hope this is helpful, although I imagine the Working Group already knows about Weibo. If you'd like to follow up with John, let me know and I'll introduce you.

--Bede