Re: User stories for Social API

On Feb 4, 2015 5:54 AM, "Evan Prodromou" <evan@e14n.com> wrote:

> On 2015-02-04 06:01 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

[snip]

>> We could extend the user stories to make them more clearly cross
organisational.

> That would be a grievous mistake at this point.

We need both views, quite frankly. I mean, that's really the point isn't it?

> We have as one of our deliverables a federation protocol. Our social API
is the client-to-server piece; the federation protocol is the
server-to-server piece.

> We should make a point of not putting forward a social API that isn't
compatible with federation. However, it should not be dependent on
federation.

Nor should we fool ourselves into thinking that the social API and
federation bits are two separate things. Done properly, cross
organizational federation becomes a natural feature of the social API.

- James