Re: Plans for Activity Streams 2.0 : Action Handlers ?

Hi Even,

On 12/06/2015 11:13 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> ActivityPump is restful. That's the whole point.
I will very likely also mention it but I see it more as RPC than REST.
For example to add someone to the list of people I follow one doesn't do
HTTP PATCH to modify that list. Similar with 'favorites' collection.

On the other hand it uses HTTP GET, PUT, DELETE to update particular
activities.

I will try to read current draft again, but I don't think it explains
how to deal with objects other than activities. For example collections
of objects with type schema:Demand having relation with the actor
through property schema:seeks.

While modifying collection of followers/followings and favorites, just
links to existing resources which someone else have published. To create
new schema:Demand or schema:Offer, many people using REST would expect
to use HTTP POST to the relevant collection.

IMO ActivityPump has some elements of REST, but I would stay careful
with calling it RESTful.

Cheers!