Re: revoting on changed user stories

On 1 August 2015 at 17:27, Shane Hudson <Shane@shanehudson.net> wrote:

> I was trying to stay out of this conversation but Melvin, it really is not
> a change. If I had a recipe for a chocolate cake and changed the title to a
> coffee cake, anyone following the recipe will still make a chocolate cake.
> The implementation is wholeheartedly based on the description. Maybe you
> would change your naming conventions in the implementation, but it would
> still do the exactly the same thing either way.

This is kind of a straw man argument.  Do you agree it would make a
difference in the chocolate desert working group?  Obviously some changes
are more innocuous than others.  There's really two conversations going
on.  One is a change does not make a difference *in the general case*.  I
hope it's clearly that is not true.

The other conversation is that the change *in this case* does not make a
change.  I'm really happy to have that conversation, tho I think even in
this case it makes little sense because the user story is about reading and
writing and the title has been changed to reading -- it's not accurate.

> I really don't think it is worth wasting your effort trying to argue
> against this, you are doing great work with the implementation so it would
> be great to see how that turns out.

I agree it's eating up valuable time.  Hence my opposition to changing
frozen user stories.