Re: Buddyradar and future/scheduled/planned Activity

On 10/09/2014 02:06 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
>> For quite a while[1] I would like to implement decentralized
>> 'Buddyradar'. I think that having such system could also greatly
>> contribute to work we do in context of this WG, or any other group!
>> I just created minimal wiki page to collect notes[2]
>
> Perhaps rather than call it "BuddyRadar" maybe just set-up a simple
> wiki called "Events" with a list of upcoming events of relevant
> interest to the WG and notes on who is attending?
>
> Then just make sure it's linked to the main wiki page.
done: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Related_Events

I don't care at all about 'BuddyRadar' name, it just stuck under this
term in my mind.

Still I would not expect anyone to take *burden* of adding ones own
plans of participation in those events to this little wiki page. On the
other hand publishing it *on ones own online profile* makes much more
sense to me!

As group of implementers we could have some fun working with it. Also
RSVP has already IndieWeb implementation and mention in old
Hydra+Schema.org draft
* http://indiewebcamp.com/rsvp
* http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/schema.org/#rsvp-action

Now we could look at generating pending/tentative Activities for those
RSVPs, independently publishing them and aggregating for this group as
map + cal :)

I will work on something like that anyways as part of Portable Linked
Profiles experiment: https://github.com/hackers4peace/plp-docs

Soon to get deployed by contributor + early adopter on:
* http://directory.open-steps.org/
* http://www.open-steps.org/events/