Re: Facebook Graph API

On 11/26/2014 02:59 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> On 2014-11-25 08:11 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/Facebook_API
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any wishes for what I could improve
>> there. You can reply to the list or just add TODO directly in the wiki
>> page which I will check regularly in next days.
>>
>> I also would like to align it little more with structure Evan used for
>> Twitter and Foursquare!
> So, is it possible to list out the endpoints, like /{user-id}/feed ?
Yes, I will most likely do that

> Also, how much of the API is follow-your-nose (great term, btw), and how
> much are well-known endpoints?
To my understanding facebook expect developers to read the documentation
and hard code paths in clients accessing it. I will check some of ones
available on npm.

At the same time I think one could experiment with using *metadata*
which responses can include and treat 'connections' listed there as
hypermedia controls (read only in this case).
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/Facebook_API#Metadata

Once again, I need to see if anyone uses such approach in existing
client libraries...

While on hypermedia, I strongly recommend quick read of this section in
Hydra Core draft:
http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/#adding-affordances-to-representations