Re: ActivityStreams Schema: Hierarchy of Types

hello all.

On 2014-11-11, 15:20, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> I also think that for mainstream developers familiar with existing
> social APIs, there's not a lot of awareness of or patience for
> distinctions between the syntax and the vocabulary. We should be very
> careful that what we deliver is functional and usable by typical social
> software developers.

+(alot) to that. as pointed out by evan, it is rather questionable for
the WG to claim victory when all we deliver is a hollow shell, and then
handwave when it comes to explaining how this hollow shell is going to
be used *in interoperable ways*.

while i know that (for some reason that i cannot quite grasp) the w3c
really doesn't like registries all that much, i still think that AS
would be the classical candidate: have a base vocabulary for everybody,
and then have a place where people can look up what other vocabularies
users bothered to build and register.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |