Re: Collection/Container design - AS, Hydra, LDP, SIOC, ...

☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:

> On 11/09/2014 02:35 AM, Owen Shepherd wrote:
>>

>>> ☮ elf Pavlik ☮<mailto:perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
>>> 09 November 2014 01:23
>>> 1. Not sure if you wanted to send it just to or simply missed cc list
>>> 2. If you put collection directly as values of follows you will get some
>>> undesired consequences in RDF!
>>>
>>> * https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/33
>>> * https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/41
>>
>> This problem doesn't apply to AS because we don't use "AS:follows"
>> properties or similar
>

> i think i don't understand what you meant in sentence above!
>
> if you go with
>
> {
> "@id": "https://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper",
> "@type": "as:Person",
> "follows": {
> "@id": "https://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper/follows",
> "@type": "as:Collection",
> "memberTypes": "as:Actor",
> "totalItems": 23,
> "items": [
> "http://owenshepherd.net",
> "https://e14n.com/evan",
> ]
> }
> }
>
> it doesn't mean
>
> @prefix ap:<http://www.w3.org/ns/activitypump#>.
>
> <https://wwelevs.org/perpetual-tripper>
> ap:follows<https://e14n.com/evan>;
> ap:follows<http://owenshepherd.net> .
>
> but instead
>
> <https://wwelevs.org/perpetual-tripper>
> ap:follows<https://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper/follows> .
>
> which IMO doesn't make much of a sense!

Sure it does. as:follows points at the collection of people you follow.
as:followers points at the collection of people who follow you. These
would be defined as owl:functionalProperty(?) - there may only be one of
them.

Maybe it doesn't mean what perfectly idiomatic RDF would say, but it is
certainly workable and even practical. It mirrors what AS1 deployments do.

> what do you think about approach captured in hydra:Collection?
> https://www.w3.org/community/hydra/wiki/Collection_Design

Hydra's collection design is interesting, though I'm concerned about
some aspects of it: How do I find the collection which contains my
followers for example?

And is there any tooling which is capable of understanding the semantics
of a Hydra collection?

I'm somewhat concerned that Hydra's collections may be this lovely,
really clean design in theory and this complex, difficult to implement
thing in practice.