Re: A Social API (and Federation Protocol) Proposal

On 11/05/2014 12:05 AM, Owen Shepherd wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I'd like to table a proposal for our social API and Federation Protocol
> specifications. This is very much a work in progress draft; you'll find
> lots of todo notes, and areas which are missing the detailed description
> they deserve.  There will be typos, spelling mistakes, incomplete
> sentences, etc. However, it has reached a point where I feel it is ready
> for commentary and critique.
Awesome, congratulations!

[...]

> In spite of these things, I think its' time for us to open up comments.
> One of the things I'm strongly leaning towards is minimum viable
> product, and I think things are going pretty well in that direction. My
> goal is to, as I think should be done with every specification, have the
> minimum complexity possible for the required functionality and no less
>
> You can find the specification here:
>     http://oshepherd.github.io/activitypump/ActivityPump.html
>
>     Owen
I gave it very quick (late night) read. I noticed use of objectType and
objectTypes in Straems. Can you explain little more use of objectTypes
(plural)?
I find objectTypes appearing in draft only in excerpt below:

http://oshepherd.github.io/activitypump/ActivityPump.html#streams

5.4 Streams

The streams nomencluture is applied to any collection comprosed purely
of activities. These objects should be so declared using the objectTypes
property:

        {
          "id": "https://example.com/~alice/my-stream",
          "objectType": "collection",