Re: Remove "rel" from Link

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes we do. as:Link serves two purposes:
> 1. As a marker class used to indicate that the @id can be dereferenced; and

But at the same time making the general assertion that the resource is a
as:Link.

<http://example.org/image.jpg> a as:Link, dctypes:Image;
  dc:format "image/jpeg" .

Is it really a Link and an Image?  Typing the actual resource here seems to
be bleeding semantics out into the web at large, when it should be kept
within the AS space.

> 2. As the value for properties like "image", "icon" and "url" which
> may need additional metadata specified but do not need to be
> represented as complete objects. (they play essentially the same role
> as the MediaLink in AS 1.0).

I'm not sure that there's much of a distinction in JSON-LD.

-1 on removing the functionality, +1 on exploring how else it might be
represented

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson