Re: Verbs

hello james.

On 2014-11-03, 8:12 , James M Snell wrote:
> <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
>> If this is to ensure/improve backwards compatibility then it might be a good idea. Otherwise I think the spec will be much easier to understand without too many aliases (btw. I haven't read the F2F minutes yet so that might already have been discussed). In any case, I think that typing the activity instead of using a verb property is cleaner.
> Agreed that using too many aliases is problematic. In this case it
> would be strictly for backwards compat with AS 1.0. Newer 2.0
> documents would be expected to use "@type" instead.

i was wondering: in our hallway conversations at the TPAC, we assumed
that AS1 and AS2 would have different media types anyway, which would
make sense if the underlying metamodel (and thus the processing model)
is completely different. in that case, we really do not need to spend
any effort on superficial syntax alignment, and instead should place the
AS1/AS2 mapping in the processing model section, so that it is clear how
AS1 and AS2 documents relate on the (careful, dirty word ahead!)
"infoset level".

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |