From: Alberto Manuel [mailto:bpm.tst@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 09:36 AM
To: public-socialweb@w3.org <public-socialweb@w3.org>
Subject: SOCIAL HEADLIGHTS GROUP - An update of the social block diagram

Hi all:

I would like to add this contribution before this weeks meeting, but other results had to be achieved first, apart from that could introduce entropy close to the event and I did not had some clear definitions about the diagram.

I made an update (not a re-engineering), witch I propose for discussion, based on:

 1.  A snapshot of how social interaction occurs between organizations and where each block sits, without talking about technology and approaches / methods.
 2.  One of the things I think is missing is bringing clarification about what each part of the block means and improve the each block name or tag.
 3.  On the other hand some of each block components where, probably (or not), sitting in the wrong block.

 1.  Snapshot : Social interaction is done within two boundaries:
    *   Personal (me and my family; me and my friends, me and my community);
    *   Enterprise (me and my colleagues, me and my customers, me and my suppliers, me and my peers ... );
    *   Every human has an identity and act ("socialize") regarding the environment he is action with. I just made a diagram to show how this fits together.
 2.  Clarification about each part of the block. Each time I look to the diagram, some block definitions seems to overlap. Still is very easy to be in my position looking to diagram from the outside, as someone that came from the Social Business Community Group, than someone like all of you that did all the work and somehow can be stuck on words. For the sake of the members I will follow from upper/left corner to the lower/right corner.
    *   Sharing / Collaboration : Collaboration was being used together with the News feed.
       *   Sharing is: Accepting an object to be shared in order others can take action if they want to. The object can be a document, a video ... Thus under this category I kept all the object types except:
          *   Moved Microblog to Messaging block, because it's a type of messaging;
          *   Deleted Presence, because it's part of the About the Human. Presence, as I understood is about if you are online / offline ...
          *   Moved Workflow and Task to Collaboration because we do not share workflow like we share a document.
    *   Messaging:
       *   Deleted mobile. Mobile is a device type like desktop, unless it means other thing.
       *   Both in this category and Sharing I left a note about other type of objects and messaging mechanisms that can be used by disabled people that we are forgetting to include. I apologize form the term disabled. I don't remember other.
       *   Moved Forward / reply to Reactions under Comments. Sending an e-mail is an asynchronous messaging type, where you can Comment by Replying or Forwarding (or do nothing and archive or delete).
    *   Group Dynamics:
       *   Merged the actions to manage a group under Group Management.
    *   Collaboration:
       *   Received two categories that came from Sharing.
    *   Reactions:
       *   Made an update in the Comments category as indicated in the Messaging block.
    *   Ubiquitous attributes:
       *   Not catching what the first categories mean, still I think is better to create the Search and Analytic block.
    *   About the human:
       *   Added Reputation : Perceived evaluation taken by members of the social graph.
       *   Where security sits? I see access control in the Social graph. Is the same  thing?

See attached file.

Regards.

--
Alberto Manuel