Getting Friendica to join the WG (was: Re: Content encoding)

On 27.10.2015 20:23, elf Pavlik wrote:
> On 10/27/2015 05:55 PM, Michael Vogel wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Am 27.10.2015 um 09:42 schrieb elf Pavlik:
>>> Michael, as an implementer and maintainer of Friendica you could gain
>>> acceptance to join this group as Invited Expert and help with making
>>> sure that technologies we work on in this group address your needs. Of
>>> course you can also continue to offer your valuable feedback over
>>> comments mailing list and on github. But I still would like to invite
>>> you to consider joining this WG as Invited Expert.
>> Question is what is expected from me? There is some language and time
>> barrier for me. I can't join the telephone conference since I'm not very
>> good in understanding spoken English - especially via phone.
>> Additionally I'm having problems with many theoretical stuff. I'm not
>> the one who could discuss whether a specification could interfere with
>> some standard (RDF, JSON-LD, ...). I'm only the one who looks at the AS2
>> specification and could tell: "This here is unclear, that one is
>> misleading, there is something missing, ..."
>>
>> And I'm having a time problem as well. I'm not able to follow each and
>> every post in the mailing list. It can be that I'm not able to do this
>> for several days (for example when I'm visiting customers for a week).
>> Additionally I wouldn't be able to join face2face meetings (for time and
>> money reasons)
> While we all wish that group members will stay engaged in work as much
> as they can. Jason can very likely confirm that members of this WG can
> also choose offer more occasional contributions according to one's own
> time availability.

The WG doesn't, that I could find when joining, require attending all
meetings (virtual or f2f), teleconferences or even to follow all
activity, for invited experts at least. I would not have been able to
join myself otherwise, having very limited time to put into this WG,
unfortunately.

I really recommend Michael to apply. You don't need to understand all
the concepts talked here - I certainly don't. Myself I've tried to as
you said, keep to the things that interest me the most, which is
currently AS2 and in the future anything to do with server to server
federation concepts. These are the parts that I only feel confident on
giving comments on anyway.

So it is totally fine for you to apply and only commit what you can.
Having Friendica on board with the WG would imho give it some extra
additional weight in coming up with a good recommendation.

--
-----
Br,